Thursday, April 17, 2008

Euro Defeat but plenty to be positive about

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I played the 1st round of the Europeans in Denmark and I had a good win over Katrin Atlodottir of Iceland 21-14 21-13. I played really well and controlled the match from the start. That match set me up for today’s second round tie against world number 14 Juliane Schenk of Germany.
Unfortunately I lost in two straight sets 21-18 21-15. But I played really well and in the first set I had a great opportunity to take the set after I got it back to 18-18 after being 17-12 behind. But mentally I was not strong enough and this is the part of my game I need to work on most of all.
The second set she got off to the better start and I was playing catch up all the time and I never managed to close the gap on her and was always just that couple of points behind.
But I have not played much lately with my injury and this is my first tournament since the Swiss Super Series so I can take many positives out of this about my game. I just need to be more mentally in tune and I know I can win matches like this.

That’s all for now

Jeanine

No comments: